Why attend therapy?
- Therapy is a safe and confidential space to explore any challenges that you are currently experiencing.
- Therapy can allow you to develop your best self and realize your potential.
Can you prescribe medication for me if needed?
- No, I am a Licensed Therapist : Only a Doctor or Psychiatrist can prescribe medication. However, I am happy to work closely with your Doctor to ensure your best possible treatment.
How many sessions will I need?
- The duration of therapy will depend on the person and challenges that they are facing, many people demonstrate a reduction in symptoms within 5-10 sessions, couples therapy is typically a 6 month commitment.
- You are not bound by a certain time frame or amount of sessions when you begin therapy.
Is therapy confidential?
- Yes, what is said in session stays in session. Limits to confidentiality are as follows: If I believe you are a danger to yourself or someone else, if there is reasonable suspicion of child abuse or neglect, or elder abuse, In cases of a court ordered disclosure. Also keep in mind email is not encrypted so it is best to limit what is sent through email or text to scheduling concerns rather than more personal information. If you need to tell me something about yourself or your situation, it can be done through phone call, in session, or on my HIPPA compliant patient portal: sessions health
What types of therapy are you trained in?
- I have training in CBT, DBT, ACT, EMDR, Narrative, and Mindfulness.